Thursday, July 16, 2009

tiny surprises

Stopping on the way home from Chestnut Ridge,
we got the usual drink at Speedway.

What my kiddos weren't expecting
was that I had little cups
and an ice cream scoop stuck in my adventure bag.

Along with the drinks,
I picked up a pint of ice cream
and some spoons.

Out in the parking lot,
feeling a sense of history,
I passed out little cups of happiness.

A smile played on my lips
as I remembered
the many times
my mom did similar things for my brothers and I.
What a blessing to have had such a happy childhood.
What a gift to be able to pass on the tradition.
I pray that you are able to recall a happy tradition
and that you are able to create it anew
with loved ones
who will carry the memory happily into the future.
May your days, your nights, your forever...
be blessed!

No comments: