Saturday, August 1, 2009

After the fair... everything else is just gravy... I love summer!

Ever since I was a bitty child,
I have enjoyed our Ohio State Fair.

There is something truly magical about dripping roasted corn,
watching product demonstrations
and walking until you just may drop.

Some years I've milked cows,
others I've ridden the overhead sky lift.

Every year I come home with a smile and wonderful memories.

Truth be told I'd love to go again this year,
but,
once will calm the craving.

I visit the same places every year.
I buy my corn and chat while it is dipped in the butter vat.
(butter vat... how fun is that?... yummy!)

I get my diet soda at the stand that will fill any cup for 99 cents.
They don't even care if it is a McDonald's cup from the "outside".

The concession workers at the family owned booths
are generally the same from year to year
and it makes me smile when I recognize them.

I love the photo opportunities and the free samples.
Yup!
I'm going to share some of my photos with you.

If you get a chance,
get yourself to the fair
and experience the most wonderful
summer tradition I know.

Sigh

Have I mentioned I love summer?
=-)

No comments: