Saturday, August 29, 2009

Great Seal State Park

Nestled near Chilicothe Ohio,
is a little piece of heaven.

With hills to leave you breathless,
you should take several bottles of water and sturdy shoes.

I was fortunate to hike today in this wondrous place.

My friend and I enjoyed each moment.

He found a itty bitty walking stick,
I frighted a tiny bit of grey fur that ran off the trail.

I admired lovely dried flowers growing on some moss,
my friend told me they were its spores.
I was delighted when I touched them
and saw tiny clouds of new life drift out over the trail.


We saw giant anthills
and I understood how tying someone to an anthill would be a bad thing.
My friend made an amazing lunch,
I brought cookies.


It was an unbelievably,
one for the memory books,
perfect day.

Tonight as I laughed,
chatting on the phone with my hiking partner,
we talked over future adventures.

I think very soon I am going to get a chance to try out a kayak or a canoe.

The world is full of beautiful possibilities.


I wish you lovely ones.
God Bless and goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a nice day and that is such a nice picture of you. I think I see a twinkle in your eye and contented smile on your face. You look HAPPY! I am so glad to see that. And you are starting to adventure more - canoeing or kyaking. Sound like fun to me.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
It really was one of the nicest days I can remember. Such delightful company and a breathtakingly beautiful piece of creation. I hope your own bit of the world is bringing you happiness as well.
God Bless,
Susan