Sunday, August 30, 2009

I rolled down a hill today...

We rounded the bend in the path.
On our left was Dawe's Lake,
on our right an embankment leading down to the giant bushes that spell out the park's name.
Ahead of us a bit,
a family whose bitty ones were giving the hill a good roll.
I laughed.
smiled.
turned to my own dear ones.
I had no "takers"...
not a single child who wanted to have a go at the path of green delight.

So I looked at them,
put down my "adventure bag",
laid down my cell...
and laid down on the ground.

I tucked in my arms and down I went,
squealing and screaming,
the rush and the whirl
something from days gone by.

Dizzy,
so dizzy at the bottom,
and laughing...
still no one wanted to join me...

With a grin
I wobbled to the top
and once,
twice more,
flew down the hill.

No comments: