Saturday, August 15, 2009

Today I registered my oldest daughter for high school.
We sat together in the office and completed the paperwork.
Then we walked across the hall and picked out classes.
Sitting within the walls of my Alma mater made be smile.
I reminisced about my own Speech and Cooking classes and told her she'd have to ask her dad about some of the craziness that occured in Speech.
In so many ways,
it is odd to think of my oldest being ready for high school.
And yet,
I know she is ready for this new adventure.
As she embarks on the path before her,
I pray that she will try her best...
learn what she needs to
and have such a very good time.
I echo that prayer for all of the rest of us,
life can be tricky at times.
We can be uncertain what to do
and more than a bit nervous.
But,
in my heart,
I know that if we stay true to what we believe,
in the end,
our adventure will be beautiful.
Now and always,
may you be blessed.

No comments: