Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carnival Day Happiness

Carnival Day is done.
Our students were so wonderfully happy.
They are such very nice children.

When our day was done,
my kids helped the maintenance man pack up all the games.
They even said thank you to him,
before he left to take the fun to another school.

It is such a delight
to make sure these little people
have a good summer.
They are honestly
some of the sweetest dear ones
I have ever met.
Everyone,
from the Pre-K kiddos
to our oldest crew members
enjoyed having their faces painted,
throwing bean bags
and generally running about.
When the end of the day rolled around,
I could happily report
there were no incident reports to write
and our school was only slightly messy.
It is such a blessing to have a job.
Then add in the bonus of loving what you must do.
I would do practically anything
to keep food on the table
and shelter above my children's heads.
What a lovely treat that what I must do,
I enjoy doing.
I pray that all of you,
who need a job,
will find one especially suited to you.
and...
if you must take a job that doesn't make you smile,
to keep the wolf from the door...
I pray that it is only a temporary stop
to prepare you for your next wonderful adventure.
Now and always,
I wish good things for you.
May all the blessings of heaven
find their way to your home
and into your heart.

No comments: