Friday, August 7, 2009

Good to the last drop...

My son dumped out my coffee.
Or should I say
he dumped out all my coffee
except for my decaf
that was higher up in the cupboard.
(where is the justice in that?)
I could give you the details,
the when and
the how,
but I'm weary.
I'm sure you know how I feel.
I think all of us have encountered a pet
or a kid created mess that has left us speechless.
My son makes connections.
He sees me drink coffee.
I seem to like it.
He checked it out.
He didn't like it apparently.
shudder...
sigh...
Decaf just doesn't cut it
for anything
but my nightly trip to the swing.
I know a stop at Target is on tap for tomorrow.
I was talking with some parents
on our field trip today.
We talked about what we've done
to make our dear ones lives happy.
We laughed affectionately over some of the silliness.
Yet,
in the end,
we all agreed
that our children are worth the effort.
But...
darn it anyway...
Did he have to go for the coffee?
That is almost a sacrilege.
Tonight and always,
I hope that when you count your blessings,
that the good in your life
is enough
to carry you through the rough patches.
I also pray
that your adventure in life is blessed with peace.

No comments: