Monday, August 3, 2009

a surprise from a friend

When I arrived home today
and approached my door,
I saw a package.

I was puzzled,
I rarely order anything and it is not near anyone's birthday.

When I picked up the box,
I smiled.
It bore Canadian postage
and the address of a very dear friend.

A long time ago,
I was musing about the adorable bear
on a Canadian peanut butter label
when my dear friend told me
that peanut butter
actually used to come in BEAR SHAPED JARS!

I was intrigued.
Today,
when my very own bitty glass critter arrived,
my eyes teared up and I smiled.

I know I will treasure the sweet bear.

The thoughtfulness typifies my friend.
Kind and good,
he is a very nice man.

Isn't it wonderful
when we meet people in life
who just the remembrance of them,
will cause a happy smile play about our lips?

I pray that you and I will be that kind of friend...
that we will always know a few of these kind individuals as well.
Tonight and always,
may you be blessed.

No comments: