Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tah Dah!

Yet another delightful treat from the fair!
A gift from the fine people at http://www.ohiolink.edu/.
I've wanted a travel coffee mug for a while now,
I looked at them at Target
and just couldn't bring myself to pay
eight dollars!
for a mug.
I didn't need a fancy one.
Just some way to have a decent chance
to sip my morning treat
instead of wearing it.
In the past they were a common give away,
but lately with budgets being what they are,
they have become pretty scarce.
I was considering dropping hints to my daughters
so that one might appear under the tree.
This afternoon, when I inquired at the Ohio booth,
if I could indeed have the lone cup
sitting amid a sea of lesser freebies,
I was happily given an affirmative answer!
Now my coffee can bring me magical restorative powers
and
happy memories of the Ohio State Fair!
Both of which will be especially appreciated
on cold and dark winter mornings.

No comments: