Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peace to take with you on your journey


Today I dumped the two giant blue bins from under my loft bed.

Within an instant,

teaching supplies made it hazardous for anyone venturing my way.

As I worked through the happy mess,

I made an inventory sheet.

I need to know what I have so that I can incorporate

all my goodies into my lessons throughout the year.

I found things I had forgotten I had

and thought through the weeks ahead.

Tomorrow is my first teachers' meeting of the year.

It will be a sincere delight to see the teachers from the other centers.

To share ideas and the excitement of a brand new year.

The opportunity to start fresh...

to rethink small details...

to polish my skills...

To reach out again

to small dear ones

and welcome them

into the world of school.

I am excited...

Back to the juggle I go,

balancing serious work

with the day to day responsibilities of being a mom.

I am so grateful for this summer.

For the fun.

For the blessing of days of play.

I feel restored,

refreshed.

I pray that you find such times of peace to sooth your soul.

Even when we love our lives,

the load can be heavy at times.

Now and always,

may you be blessed.


No comments: