Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Walking

Tonight when I was walking,
I saw a bunny.
I took a picture with my cell phone and smiled.
Though this is not my bunny,
I thought he would be a good stand in
until I figure out how to send a picture
from my phone to my computer.
My bunny was hunkered down in the grass beside a tree.
The light was fading
and I just barely caught sight of him in the twilight.
His frozen pose reminded me of my oldest daughter's babyhood.
When my dear one was little,
she would hide underneath her green "mankie"
and honestly believed that because she couldn't see me
I couldn't see her.
Now I look at her,
heading to High School in two weeks
and I sigh.
How time flies.
It seems like yesterday that she was bitty,
with blond hair and a tiny baby voice.
Each moment,
each memory is such a treasure.
I am not in a hurry for her to grow up,
but,
it is such a pleasure to see the woman she is becoming.
I am sure you have precious memories like my own.
Moments forever frozen in your mind.
May the happy ones bring you joy
and the sad ones fade with time.
Now and forever,
may you be blessed.


No comments: