Saturday, August 8, 2009

Generous People

Today,
as I rounded the corner on the isle
that contained the Ohio Department of Health booth,
I broke out in a happy grin.
Standing behind the display
were two happily smiling women
that I recognized from last year's fair trip.
I knew their answer before I even asked my question.
Never the less,
I still felt so fortunate
when I heard them reply that,
"Yes"...
"Of Course!"
I could have eighteen of each little book being offered.
The bitty books are the perfect reading level for Kindergarten
and focus on topics like safety,shots and nutrition.
I can not wait to use them as part of my curriculum.
For example,
the book about shopping for lunch
teaches about nutrition
and even uses color words
my students are expected to learn.
I plan on incorporating it into my lessons
the week we take a walking field trip
to our local grocery store.
I expressed my thanks to the women
and carefully tucked my treasures deep into my bag.
What a wonderful blessing those books will be.
I really like nice people.
How about you?
=-)

No comments: