Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Walking With A Dog...

Leash flying...
legs pumping...
someone panting...
is it me?
is it the dog?
ha!
On any given walk,
it just well may be a toss up.

With an "anti pull" harness as a standard part of the prep,
you'd think we head out for leisurely strolls.
(insert chuckle here)
The reality is that my furry son rules our walks.
I actually only succeed in steering him
and generally stopping him
from eating choice bits
of yummy trash he might encounter.
Tonight...
the Furry Dog Fairy
must have granted my pooch a wish
because he nabbed and consumed
some crunchy morsel
before I could snap the leash.
I shook my head like the pet parent I am
and hoped for the best.
Happily defiant,
my dog didn't even look sorry.
Sigh...
I've been there,
have you?
I doubt I am alone with my pooch in guilty silence,
sometimes trouble is so alluring,
we don't even look sorry when we choose it.
Sadly,
we are likely left with worse than a tummy ache
when we choose the wrong actions in life.
Thankfully,
I have hope
that with God's grace,
we might
develop better sense
in the long run.
My pooch?
nah...
he'll likely be eating yucky things for years to come...

No comments: