Monday, August 3, 2009

Night has fallen

Another day is done.
Memories happily inked in our minds.
Busy... Busy...
Scurry... Hurry...
Now it's quiet
and I sit thinking.
Small people still milling about
soon they'll be in their nests...

Then here I am,
pondering the world.
Grateful for my blessings...
yet sometimes melancholy.

Letting go...
trusting God...
It's not easy.

But,
like my flowers...
that made the journey to their new home...
Now remade into something different
and so very beautiful.

I stand,
trying to wait.
Working on blooming where I am planted.
So blessed,
probably a bit spoiled.
Like a child asking when they will arrive...
I need to remind myself to enjoy the journey,
choose good companions
and trust the One
who made me,
who will make me into someone beautiful.
Filled with lasting happiness
and peace to share with all those around.
Tonight,
sigh along with me...
Count your blessings...
And know,
I count you among mine.
Thank you for sharing this time with me.

No comments: