Monday, August 24, 2009

Who we are...

With crayons and markers,
my little ones made pictures of themselves.

It was fun to see the details they added,
the colors they chose.
I smiled as I hung their work on the board.
Their efforts will be the first piece in their portfolio this year.
I look at them now and know they will be different in nine months.
Tonight as I typed this,
I stopped
and recalled my oldest daughter's recent comment
about how fast the year has gone
and I sighed.
My students do not know what each day holds.
Never the less,
they embrace each day with innocent trust,
delighting in it's adventure.
With hearty smiles and dramatic tears,
they truly "live" the journey they are given.
...the path they are not in charge of...
Many days I wonder...
Who is teaching who?
I pray that you and I,
that we,
will find a way,
to trust when it is warranted,
to believe in what is true...
To live,
truly live,
the adventures we are given.
Now and always,
may you be blessed.

No comments: