Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blueberry muffins!

This morning I woke up and decided that I would like some muffins for breakfast and I thought my family would too. I absolutely love blueberry muffins and as I had a mix in my cupboard, I happily headed to the kitchen and preheated my oven.
Scooting back and forth, I did a few chores, falling into the morning routines that guide my actions and have a soothing comfort in their familiarity.
Packing lunches, ironing, even finding my favorite earrings..
It is the little things that take up so much of my time.
Do these minute actions hold meaning?
I say yes.
As our lives open before us, we spend most of our time on choosing cereal, doing laundry and sometimes, if you're a bit like me, a little too much complaining.
Sometimes in my daily life I become so focused on myself and what I am concerned about, that I forget to reach out to those around me.
Too many times I could start my own "Crybaby" club... the laundry that never ends, the dishes that really need a dishwasher that isn't me.... the teenagers that are moody at my house... all these things sometimes get to me.
I am almost positive that each of you can identify at least one time when you have felt this way.
What I wish for you today is not that you are "magically" thankful for the bumps in your road of life, but rather that you find a way to be happy despite them.
Enjoy the blessings that are obtainable...
...Play a quick game of cards, Call a chatty friend... and by all means, go ahead and mail that card you've been meaning to send...
Find your own "Blueberry muffin".

No comments: