Friday, February 27, 2009

Walking my pooch!


After enjoying a lovely evening out with my family, I came home and decided to avoid my "Half Hour of Power" dvd by walking for about an hour instead. I figured in the whole scheme of things surely that would count. And, I reasoned that I could stop at Tim Horton's and maybe even Target just for fun while I was out.
My dog had other ideas. Upon seeing my coat, he jumped up and down and looked at me with his big brown eyes.
What's a mom to do? I took the silly critter with me. The walk was still lovely and I do enjoy the companionship in the dark. However, with the pooch, coffee was not an option. Sadly, walking up to a drive through window is frowned upon.
Sometimes in life we make choices for the benefit of others that mean we can't have everything we want. Tonight a cup of my favorite coffee had to be forgone.
However, all is not lost, I do have some instant coffee and I guarantee I'll drink it in my Tim Horton's mug.
I have found that life is still beautiful even when I must sacrifice what I want for the good of those under my protection and care.
Isn't it nice that this is true?
The world is still full of beauty and blessings...
Full of friends and family...
Full of good things that are ours for the asking.
I wish for you this night.
A peaceful sleep,
restful dreams,
calm in your heart,
and the knowledge that you are loved.
May you be blessed.

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

Yes, it is a blessing to have those in your life that you would gladly put their needs ahead of your own!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

I agree with you my dear friend. I am honestly thankful for my children. It is an awesome responsiblity to be a parent, but what a blessing my children are. Their very presence calls me to be more than who I am, to be better, stronger and kinder.