Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Hundred (and one) Days Smarter!


Today is our One Hundredth Day Celebration in Kindergarten!


It is so hard to believe that so much time has flown by, that the little shy creatures who wandered into my class in September now sprint in the door like they own the place.

I can clearly recall one of my dear little Blondie Bears who clung to her mother's leg for several weeks. Now she practically flies in and happily joins her friends.

Academically we have come so far as well. At the beginning of the year, at writing time, I would allow my students to draw a picture with the requirement that they wrote at least one word. Some of my kiddos really struggled. Now my kids can copy sentences, write their own and almost all of them even understand the basics of punctuation and spacing!

Today as we celebrate our One Hundredth and One Day of School we will talk about just how far we've come and where we're headed!

In my own life as well, I try to do the same.

How far have I come?

Where am I headed?

What do I still need to learn?

Some days I feel like I've forgotten how to read my "map".

Other days I feel like a pioneer and I wish that my journey didn't seem so new and scary.

I am trying to liken my path to that of my dear little charge who clung to her mother's knee.

She found her place in the new world called Kindergarten.

A happy place where she is confident and thriving.

I believe that given time, we all adjust to life's changes and that in the end our world is not scary anymore.

We adapt... we grow... we learn!

What about you?

Where are you headed on your journey?

Are you ever a little nervous like me and my beautiful blond kiddo?

I hope for you this day, the courage to stand on your own.
To know, really know, that your loved ones are near watching you with pride.
May you share their confidence in your abilities.

No comments: