Friday, February 13, 2009

Spoiled


They came this morning with smiles on their faces.
We read a book, practiced our handwriting and even wrote about what our favorite pet would be.
We made Valentine bags and fusible bead crafts.
Later we had a "dance party" and rocked out to, "Who Let the Dogs Out?", a perennial favorite in my classroom.
That was all before lunch!
Add in a recess full of chasing, delicious treats, a fun relay game sent in by a kind mother and it is easy to see why our day was a success.
Did I fail to mention the cards, chocolate and even a lovely necklace that my dear little charges shared with me?
Being a teacher is hard work, but not without serious pleasures and rewards.
Very few people get to decorate cookies, pass out juice, dance and read stories at their place of employment.
I admit it, I am spoiled.
I wish for you this lovely day only the best of blessings.
May your friends and family be near and may you feel loved.
And, if you so desire it to be true...
May you not be too far from some really good chocolate!
God Bless!
Happy Almost Valentine's Day!

No comments: