Thursday, February 26, 2009

Necessary Things!


I have to chuckle a little at myself when I consider the things I believe to be "necessary" in life.
Tonight, as I bought myself my own cell phone, I stopped and thought about the craziness of it all.
Aside from having a cell for emergency situations, I like knowing that I really should pick up a loaf of bread, a few rolls of bathroom tissue or some other needed item (like chocolate or ice cream), before I get home.
And yet... many of us can remember a time when the cell phone was not even invented.
(gasp... I hear my eldest daughter shuddering...)
In an emergency, someone stopped to help you.
If you forgot to write something down on your list, no one intervened.
Life is a bit different now from when I was younger and I must confess that though I complain loudly in the direction of the generations who are my junior, I honestly do enjoy some of the new "necessities".
Blogging, texting and even ATM's....
Not a one existed in any practical form when I was born.
Don't let the kiddies know how I really feel,
it would take all the thunder out of my,
"When I was a kid... stories".
Tonight,
I wish for you...
A chuckle when you need one...
and the real necessities of life,
Peace, Joy and Love...
(and maybe a teeny tiny texting cell phone!)
:-)

No comments: