Sunday, February 1, 2009

Really, really funny

Several days ago I had a mishap on my treadmill...
The kind that could have earned me money if it had been recorded.

Sadly my skinned and bruised knees and pride fared better than my exercise equipment that got covered with water in the process of the incident.

So, while I am figuring out if the crazy thing can be fixed, I bought myself an exercise video. With absolutely no sense of rhythm and the dancing talent of a dead rock, I was comforted by the assurance that it had modifications for beginners.

Ha! While I certainly work up a dripping sweat doing the routine, it is sadly comical. I think today I finally was going the right direction at least half of the time! The first day I tried it I actually made my youngest daughter go to bed because she was watching me with a smirk!

Not that I wasn't funny, but my ego couldn't take it.

With any luck in a month or two I might have figured out the moves...

.....anything is possible right?

I don't believe in giving up and with my treadmill's health unlikely to make a full recovery, I have to do something.

So, go ahead and imagine me going the wrong way... have a laugh... I know I do!

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

I remember my mother exercizing with Barbie Allen on TV when we were kids, and my mother being very self conscious when my younger sister and I would stand there watching her and trying to imitate her heavy breathing!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Rotten little kiddos with perfect metabolisms.... oh well... I am getting a tad better and I think the workout is still good even if my form isn't perfect. :-)