Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scurrying about!



The last few days have been quite productive. Next weekend I move and I have been scurrying about taking care of all the last minute details.

I've bought renters' insurance, copied my dog's shot record for my new landlord's management company and I've even purchased new door locks for the bedrooms and bath. For some reason, not a single door has a "pop lock". I don't know about you, but I for one like to shower and dress in relative peace!

I spent today with my parents as we ran errands and enjoyed each other's company. Patient and kind, I believe they could stand in an earthquake and only the ground would tremble. It is from them that I learned faith and trust.

Though my father is a retired pastor and my mom's been part of more church events than anyone I know, it has been their lives, not their words that have impressed me.

They are the kind of people you meet in Hallmark movies or read about in inspirational novels. Retirement age, they have spent their whole lives in the service of their Lord and their fellow man. Materially, they have nothing to show for it. And yet... they are the richest people I know.

The woman, who used to give me her cup of orange juice because I wanted more and there wasn't any extra, is in poor health and often in pain. Yet, she calls me to see if I need anything!

The man, who is hands down the most honorable person I have ever met, is also one of the most understanding and kind individuals you would ever meet.

Tonight, I have a simple wish for you....

I pray that you will be fortunate to encounter people like my parents. They are the type of people that make you know the world is still beautiful even when it seems rainy from where you are standing.


May your life be filled with the honesty and kindness modeled before me my whole life.


Not perfection... true people who do make mistakes... good people who live what they believe...


May you be blessed.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is always so upbeat and positive and so I have given you a "fabulous blog" award. You just need to pick it up on my blog.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen, You are always so kind. I am glad you enjoy my blog. It really helps me to think about the world in this unique forum. (Anyone else reading this comment, hop on over to Doreen's blog and check out her wonderful work. It is so fun to see how she takes ordinary things and turns them into amazing teeny works of art!)

Walker Zed said...

You are indeed blessed!