Monday, February 23, 2009

Ready to Read Week!




Today began a week long celebration of reading in my classroom!


All my kiddos came today with words emblazoned across themselves. We "read" each other as part of our morning activities.


The rest of the week will include turning our favorite recipes into cookbooks, creating and enjoying poetry and making many unusual types of books. (Think teeny tiny books, books written on unusual things, old fashioned scrolls...)


The crowning event of our week will be on Friday when we all take time to enjoy our very favorite books while we have some popcorn and relax in our pajamas!


I don't know about you, but I love to read. I must confess that I read the walls of buses, signs in doctor's offices and even billboards! I also enjoy good novels, excellent teaching books and advice on gardening.


It is such a privilege to be a part of spreading the joy of reading. In order to live well in most modern societies, reading is a necessity. Not only does the ability to understand the written word open our mind to the happy daydreams found in books, it also has practical and essential applications.


To get a job, make your dinner or even rent a video, reading is usually required.


I am so grateful to be able to teach something to my students that will make their lives better.


We are all in possession of skills and abilities that when shared, bless ourselves and those around us.


Can you paint?

Do you speak more than one language?

Do you bake an incredible casserole?


Share your talents!

You are here for a reason.

Your gifts are necessary!

....and....

If your abilities lean towards baking yummy cookies, I am sure you need to bake a batch and share with someone you love!


No comments: