Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beautiful



So many years ago my eldest daughter stood before me,

so lovely that she took my breath away.

In her babyhood...

In her innocence...

She was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.

Tonight, as she stood before me in her Confirmation dress...

I felt the tears well up in my eyes...

I was overwhelmed by her beauty...

By her innocence...

I was awed by her graceful twirl..

I smiled at her wide eyed desire for acceptance and approval.

I am so glad she is mine.

I pray that we all may find such beauty and innocence in our lives.

Looking through the eyes of our loved ones,

let us see the world,

share the awe...

celebrate!

May we be blessed!

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

I'll be that over the years, when you look at your daughter, no matter how hold she becomes, you will always flash back to that image of her, very young, beautiful, innocent.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

...It is so true... It makes me wonder how our mother's see us in their hearts.