Monday, March 30, 2009

Beauty all around us...

Tonight
I planted more flowers.
I had a couple cookies made by my oldest kiddo.
Talked for an hour to friends.
Helped my youngest daughter with her homework.
Laughed
Sighed
Contemplated life


I didn't
...do a bit of work except for household chores
I didn't touch the school books...

You see,
it's Spring Break week for me!

So,
though,
It's off to school I go,
this week is purely for "fun".

Field trips
Pearler beads
lots of play time...

Sigh
I am tired.
All the happiness is wearing me out.

I suppose I must go to bed.

I feel like a little child...
that something nice will happen when I close my eyes...
I might "miss" something.

How silly.

I pray that you are more sensible.

That sleep comes easily tonight and you wake tomorrow rested.

God Bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have leaves on the trees????? You are so lucky to be able to plant now. We had snow this morning!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen... sorry...We don't really have leaves... I just wanted a nice picture. That one is from last year. I am only planting my perennials... no annuals yet. I'm just moving the old established flowers. I am so glad I decided to bring them. If most decided to "take", I'll have a garden that will more closely resemble what I've had before. I feel a little sheepish over the picture... sorry. I will be taking my chances in about two weeks when I start to plant seeds (earlier than I am supposed to). I hope your day is lovely.

Anne said...

Enjoy your Spring Break. Get some of that needed Rest and Relaxation that is well deserved!

Walker Zed said...

I hope that your replanting episodes bring back lots of pleasant memories! In any caes, getting down in the dirt can't help but generate happy thoughts at the prospect of what is to come!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Replanting is bittersweet. My old gardens, in their happy years, were breathtakingly lovely and my greatest material treasure. Taking them apart... is hard. Yet as the new gardens begin to take shape, I can "see" what they will look like in August and I believe the new gardens will be absolutely lovely... very different... but amazingly beautiful. It makes me happy and very weepy at the same time. sigh...