Monday, March 23, 2009

Small changes


I need a new bottle of wite out.
Somehow the little spongy thing has fallen off and it seems a little gummy.
I find myself doing unusual shaking things with the bottle and dabbing at my paperwork with the stick that is still attached to the lid.
I know I tend to be a tad philosophical ...
I promise,
I really have a point.
While fussing with the wite out, I considered the fact that the crazy bottle has been driving me nuts for months and yet I still haven't replaced it.
It is not expensive, nor hard to find.
So why don't I fix the problem?
Perhaps in the whole scheme of things,
I'm just not inconvenienced enough to take action.
A bottle of wite out is,
after all,
just a bottle of wite out.
This evening though,
as I was once again pondering life's path,
I was thinking about the kind of woman I want to be,
who I am
and who I have been.
What is it that I need to do,
to be who I am meant to be?
What habits should I cultivate,
which should I prune?
What actions should I take that will bring true lasting happiness?
I hear the conversations of my youth playing in my ears,
the words of my parents imparting advice on faith and life.
Sometimes it is hard to make the little changes we need.
Choices in what we read,
what we watch
and even who we spend our time with,
really matter.
I pray that you,
that I,
will seek the path that will lead to real lasting joy.
That we will find a way to submit to the truth when we hear it.
To throw the lousy out and replace the broken.
With something beautiful...
or at least not gummy!
May you be blessed.
This night, tomorrow and always.

No comments: