Saturday, March 14, 2009

We found it!


Under a bush,
sitting on top of the pine needles and other leaf litter....
not under a piece of slate as it was suggested,
My dear friend and I found our first letter box!
Only one car slowed in the parking lot when I initially sat down to stick my hand under a bush.
Thankfully my buddy and I look harmless and though the woman in the car looked a little puzzled, she kept going and our quest was safe!
I ended up half way under the bushes before I found the box.
With a hushed cry of triumph and a giggle at how silly I must have looked, my friend and I quickly headed a distance away to open our treasure and discover its secrets.
Inside the box was an amazing hand created stamp featuring an amazing likeness of the famous Seurat painting the park's bushes bear resemblance to.
The logbook was a lovely discovery as well. The happy stamps from other adventurers made me smile and at the same time wish I could meet the interesting people who were there before me!
Most of the stamps were from people around Ohio and some dated back several years!
How fun to become part of such an interesting pastime.
My dear friend and I are already planning our next adventurous hunt.
She's heard of a set of seven boxes that we just must find!
Can you hear my happy sigh and feel my smile?
The wonderful break from the real world was so welcome that I seem to be unable to find words to convey the sheer joy of it all adequately.
I hope for you today,
that you are able to find a break when you need one.
I pray your days are filled with the adventures you need
and the peace we all crave.
May you be blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun - may you find many more and even maybe "plant" some of your own.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

It was so much fun! Definately something that fits my zany sense of fun. My friend Tracy and I were already discussing that someday we would like to hide one of our own. I think this hobby is going to be very rewarding! :-)