Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Finding a tune for our hearts

My eldest daughter received an ipod for Christmas. She loaded it with her favorite songs picked out of our combined Itunes playlists.

Because she is a good kid,
she doesn't even fuss when I borrow it to walk the stairs some nights.

I love the peppy music and it makes the half an hour go faster.

What a blessing music can be.
There seems to be a song to fit every mood,
every occasion.
Though I wouldn't advise sappy love songs when your boohooing over a broken heart or Children's music at five o'clock in the morning to wake up with; I can honestly say that I believe musicians have given our world so very much.
Music can lift our spirits,
challenge us to grow stronger
or even just supply us with a good beat to exercise to.
Tonight, I will again borrow the ipod to walk the stairs.
As I walk, I'll clear my mind and just listen.
I'll dance and sing as I hop up and down the stairs.
I am grateful no one can see me.
I pray that your evening is beautiful,
that whatever your day has brought your way...
that you can find a way to unwind.
Find a favorite song,
listen and enjoy.
May you be blessed with the melody as it speaks to your soul.
May you be refreshed and nourished.

No comments: