Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Visiting the Moon


Yay for my best co-worker and I!
We had so much fun tonight.
Tonight was our school's Science Fair Open House.
Together with the Preschool and Pre-K teachers at our daycare, we put on four rooms of experiments and general happy silliness.
Our theme was outer space.
My friend Laura and I chose the gym as our "classroom" and carried in tables.
We had an experiment with balloons (rockets),
coloring sheets of outer space,,
"moon" play dough (Can you say "moon critters"?)
a "moon" photo op created by the Kindergarten students
and
even six kinds of cheese to taste. (Did you know the moon isn't really made of cheese? shocking!)
Not only a chance to learn,
tonight was also a chance for prospective students to get a look and my friend and I.
Sigh....
It was a lot of work.
I am tired.
But,
it was completely worth it.
There is nothing quite like the joy of little ones playing with simple things.
Like crayons...
play dough...
balloons.
I pray that you may be as fortunate as my friend and I...
...That you may experience the joy of a job well done.
I hope you rest easy tonight and awake tomorrow ready for the adventures before you.
May you be blessed.
Today,
Tomorrow,
Always.

No comments: