Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rain

Someone, somewhere heard my musings this morning and chuckled.

As my eldest daughter and I happily chatted and packed lunches this morning, we heard my youngest kiddo awaken.

I decided to let him wake up on his own and come on down as I had already checked on him earlier and left his door ajar.

Everything seemed fine until a few minutes later when we heard an odd sound of water running and suddenly water was "RAINING" on our heads!

This was not fresh water.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

As we screamed bloody murder, I ran for the stairs to see what had happened.

(Sadly, I was correct in my assumption.)

My youngest had plugged the toilet and then continued to flush.



yuck.....ooooooooh.......icky......


New Clothes... Another shower for me.... a bath for him..... two loads of towels and all the pans my daughter used to try and catch the drips.


... I guess that's what happens if you are too philosophical in the morning.


I must confess I was not quite so positive while it was happening.

I assure you I said a few words that aren't "Kindergarten safe" as my eldest says.


.... But, when it was all over....
I still made it to work on time.
Everyone had breakfast.
Everyone was clean.
Everything was alright.

So, in the whole scheme of things...

no harm no foul...

Though it may be a while before I blog about rain again...

Have a wonderful afternoon.

I hope it is uneventful.

If it rains on you, I hope it "rains" only rain.

God Bless!

No comments: