Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Beginnings

Today I filled my front flower bed.
It needs a few more bags of dirt.
I'm going to let it settle and then add in a little more.

To make sure my garden is all my own,
I laid down landscape fabric before I started.
My dreams may not be the same as anyone who came before me.
I want my my garden to be my own.

It took a little extra time to move the stones and lay the barrier down.
In the long run though,
I know I will be grateful.

Starting over in life is not so easy.
My garden makes me excited.

The fresh start is a challenge.

I must confess though,

the new opportunities in my personal life

often inspire nerves

that I haven't felt since my teenage years.

I chuckle at my own uncertainty some days.

I pray that as we walk the road of life,

we do not unnecessarily fear the adventures we face.

I fervently hope that we take the lessons of our past,

wrap ourselves in the "fabric" of our faith

(hopefully it will keep out weeds!)

and

step out into the sunshine.

Life is meant to be lived.

May the garden of your life be beautiful and full of good growth!

No comments: