Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The gardens are moved...


Sixty pavers made their way into two cars aided by three adults and one dear daughter.

Now they are nestled around the front and side of my new home and stand ready to be filled with dirt.

Hanging baskets...

little rabbits...

porch boxes...

even my fire pit...

all made the transition.

Now, back at the old house I sit,
still and quiet.

typing...

thinking...

Taking only the two smaller gardens means that I've decided that only my grandmother's black-eyed Susan's are coming with me.


All the rest can stay.

As one of my friends suggested, my gardens are fresh canvases.
What an apt way of describing the opportunity before me.
I hope that when you are given a chance for a new start,
whether it is a new job, a new hobby or a new friendship,
that you will find the strength to embrace the possibilities that are before you.
I have always liked the idea that when a door closes that somewhere one opens.
I think the sentiment holds truth.
Tonight, may you find peace.
The future is uncertain for us all.
Yet, we are promised we are not alone.
Embrace this truth.
Walk on with confidence.
We are blessed!

No comments: