Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Glitter and rocks!



Rocks... and Leprechauns...


Glitter and glue...


Clues on a map...


As I sit here musing out loud, I know what my eldest daughter will be doing with me tonight.


It is Ireland week in my class and we are learning about all things Irish! Which of course in Kindergarten includes a larger than average dose of crazy Leprechaun adventures.....


Today our leprechaun left us a new tape for our listening center with a teeny tiny note on it that seemed to say his name was Lucky. We also found a pack of Irish Teddy Bear stickers that no one said their mother sent. Hmmmm... I guess it had to be the Leprechaun, how else would they have arrived?


Tomorrow we are going to use our map skills to follow clues to treasure and use rulers and scales to measure and weigh our glittering rocks!


In a class of eighteen, I'd have expected a skeptic or two, but I have not a one!


Hook line and sinker my kiddos have excitedly bought into the fun.


Looking for clues and eagerly attempting to involve the rest of the staff in the craziness. They are convinced that our dear young half day teacher may just kiss that critter if she finds him! I had to chuckle over this and tell her.


We are writing, reading and breathing silliness. We are also learning about the real Ireland. About its beauty and rich traditions. The real Ireland is just as wonderful as all the pretend fun.


The prep for this week is extensive, but the memories that are being created, I think are worth the effort.


I will never know... but I really hope that someday another generation will be told silly stories inspired by the happy nonsense I am sharing with my dear little charges.


I hope for you this evening, a little dash of fun. May just a bit of mischief find its way into your daily life. The silly happy joke you forward... the pretend bug you put where a sibling will find it when they visit you... the itty bitty naughty prank you pull on a buddy who will never suspect you! But beware... don't dish out anything you don't want returned.


Just like my class leprechaun, friends tend to pull tricks when they know you'll enjoy them.


May your days and nights be filled with happy laughter...


Go and find a little trouble! A little mischief is a good thing!


May you be blessed with all the best of life...


Now, Always and Forever!

No comments: