Thursday, March 5, 2009

Waxing Poetic


Oh little bag of yummy peas...
so green and full of taste....
I'll heat you in a Ziploc bag...
So I can clean with haste...
I am so very very tired but,
I promise I haven't lost my mind.
Instead, I am a feeling a little slap happy.
Do you ever feel this way?
I find that sometimes when I am operating on my reserves,
everything invokes a more intense emotional response.
After transferring food from the refrigerator at the old house to the one at our new home, I came back to the old house to make dinner.
It was then, in the midst of preparations, that I realized I had taken all the frozen veggies to our new home. I was not happy about this.
However, thankfully, I had everything I needed to make a truly excellent spinach salad.
It is always really nice when disappointments are mitigated by little blessings. On days when I am tired and stressed, I try to look for the silver lining in things.
I am not daft. I do see problems. I snap just like anyone else. There are times when I lose my patience and I am unkind. I try though to keep on the right path. It really doesn't help in most situations if I lose my temper.
I hope for you tonight...
frozen peas!
O.k. maybe not...
What I actually wish is that when you are weary,
when life is wearing you down...
I pray that you will be able to see the itty bitty happy things that make it possible to keep walking on your path. That you will have what you need to keep a small smile on your face and hope in your heart.
May you be blessed.

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

If I am allowed a little pun... How about waxing poetic to waxed beans? :-D

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Everyone knows peas are superior to wax beans my dear Canadian friend! :-p