Saturday, March 14, 2009

An oasis of pure pleasure



After visiting my mother today,
my father and I headed back to the car.
Along the way to the parking garage,
we passed through a corridor that contained shops on either side of the walkway.
Talking and walking,
happy because my mother is getting better,
I took little notice of my surroundings.
Or at least I didn't until my senses registered pure delight.
I stopped dead in my tracks.
For you see,
on my left was a Cheryl & Company cookie store
and
on my right was a coffee stand.
Selling only the very best gourmet cookies,
Cheryl's is an indulgence of the highest variety.
Combine the pure bliss of confections fit for heaven's angels with the rich aroma of brewing nectar and the world may not be ready for such an experience.
Sigh...
There are not enough aerobics instructors in the world to fix what would happen if I were left alone with endless resources in that store.
I wish for you,
I wish for me....
Cookies!
May we be blessed!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Endulge all the cookies you want, that's why we do arerobic exercise, to burn off all the cookies.
I hope you enjoyed all the cookies.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thanks! I actually resisted and kept walking. :-)

Walker Zed said...

I'll bet the memory of those wonderful aromas will stay with you for a long tim!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

sigh... yes Walker, memories are very powerful things. Good ones certainly carry us through rainy days. Chocolate... coffee... very very yummy! :-)