Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A New Home


This evening I signed my lease and got my keys.
Before I left my house to go in to finish up the paperwork, I loaded three things into the car. I took a Bible, my grandmother's ceramic garden toad and my statue of Mary.
After I had access to my new abode, my parents, my eldest daughter and I drove to the house.
I got out of the car and placed Mary in the center of where my front garden will be.
I placed the dear sweet toad that has been a part of happy gardens longer than I have been alive, on the side of the house near the downspout.
I motioned for the rest of my dear ones to come and handed the Bible to my dad.
I know my eldest thought I'd gone a little kooky, but it just seemed right to me.
I asked my dad to read from the book of Matthew chapter 6 verses 25 to 33.
I would have to say that these are the verses that have sustained me in my darkest hours.
They speak of trust and love; the assurance of an unending and unshakable, loving God.
Life holds no guarantees.
Sometimes sad things happen.
I really believe...
I honestly do...
That there is someone who made us...
Who loves us...
Who hears us when we cry...
I am on a path that I would never have guessed would have been mine to tread. I am sometimes scared. Sometimes I worry about the "what if's" in life.
Then...
I see a tiny toad...
Get an email from a dear friend...
Find a wonderful deal on tiny tomatoes...
Receive a hug from my children and a enthusiastic tail wag from my dog.
It is then...
that I stop...
that I realize...
How blessed I am.
That regardless of my future.
I will walk on!
That I still have a lifetime of adventure!
Tonight, I wish for you...
Peace and assurance,
joy and adventure!
May you be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

New house - new life - you will walk on and you are blessed.

Anne said...

I wish you all the best in your new home and new life. May you now make new memories.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thank you.