Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seeing the future


So many times I pause and ponder the future.
Tonight,
as I looked at the new beds of perennials I have created,
I was blessed.
Being a gardener for a while now,
I am privileged to have experienced the absolute
beauty of a garden at it's height of loveliness.
As I stood looking at the beds that now contain all my beloved flowers,
I could see the future.
In my mind,
the yellows, reds and purples are ablaze.
The butterflies are floating on the breeze
and I am smiling,
covered in dirt.
I dug the roots deep enough,
that at this time of year,
there should be little transplant shock.
I'll baby them if need be for a week or two.
Then,
I'll watch as they begin to awaken,
spread together,
and form
a carpet
of color.
I am so grateful for the flowers,
for this day,
for my children.
...my job, my friends, my family.
It is hard to let go of the past.
There is a sense of emptiness...
a little melancholy.
Sometimes my faith falters.
I quiver a little and hesitate as I step forward.
Then,
I am blessed with simple things like...
worms,
blackberry bushes,
and dirt that won't come out from under my nails....
I have to smile.
Despite my small whimper...
I know,
I don't have to form a
"Cry Baby Club".
The world will be o.k.
I pray that when your emotions overshadow your good sense,
that you will be given what you need to keep walking.
I hope you know,
that if you sometimes feel the need,
to form your own local chapter of the,
"Cry Baby Club",
you are in good company!
I hope you find peace and happiness on your journey...
and maybe,
a worm or two!
May you be blessed!

No comments: