Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sneaky


Out on the playground this morning,

the sun shone brightly on my energetic charges.


As my students began to play,

I noticed,

spread across the lawn,

teeny tiny chalk nubs,

left over,

from another happy day.


Giving into my impulse,

I bent over and gathered up a few hunks.

Knowing I was being watched,
I started to write on the sidewalk that circles our play structure.


A sly grin stole across my face as my audience grew.

Children began to read over my shoulder as I crouched writing a sentence.


The moment my kiddos finished reading what I had written,

I squealed and ran.

Thus,
a game was born.


For about fifteen minutes ,

a merry game of chase ensued,

while my kids and I "played" together.

I chuckled silently to myself as my students drifted in and out of the action.


I made a mental note to remember this activity

for another day's "free choice" fun.

When it was all over,
Everyone was content.
And (shhhh!) we'd all practiced our reading and running skills!



May your afternoon and evening be full of fun!

If you happen to learn something lovely along the way, consider it an added bonus!


Happy thoughts to you and yours

and may you be blessed,

Today,

Tomorrow,

Always.

No comments: