Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anticipating Summer!


Escaping work a half an hour early
with my Principal's blessing,
I stopped home and picked up my oldest daughter
who had just walked in from school.
Together we headed out to run a few errands.
Of course the windows were down and we took the silly dog with us.
I'd like to blame it on the feel of spring in the air...
(but, we all know the truth...)
I simply didn't even try to resist the call of Dairy Queen.
With a new "Midnight Truffle" Blizzard on sale,
it was simply a given that we had to stop.
It seems almost cruel to tell you...
as perhaps you do not have a Dairy Queen near you,
or maybe yours is not open yet.
I am sorry if this is true,
for the creamy confection we devoured was surely worth recommending!
Tonight,
I will pray that you and yours find a way to relax.
Be it ice cream or just good company.
I hope that as your evening begins,
that you are blessed with love in your heart and a smile on your lips.
If tonight finds you troubled,
please know that you are thought of with a sincere prayer for a better day tomorrow.
May you be blessed,
Today,
Tomorrow
and
Forever.

No comments: