Monday, April 27, 2009

With a smile in my heart...


As I sit here and type,
my dog has settled on the floor beside me.

For so many years I did not understand the love between pets and their owners.

now I do...

Just a word from me and his tail wags.

One motion of invitation
and my pooch is in my lap begging for all the attention I'll share.

Such devotion is hard not to enjoy.

Yet, it goes beyond that.

Companionship that cannot comment,
only listen.

I have noticed that whenever I am feeling sad,
my puppy sticks to me like glue.

When I'm feeling playful,
he brings his ball
and chases his sister and I up and down the stairs.

Tonight,
I am counting my blessings again.

It is Monday and so lovely outside that,
I simply do not want to do everything I have to do.

So, I am counting my "must do's".

It's sappy...
but it is working...
a little...

Loading the dishwasher...
I am glad for food.

Doing school prep...
I am glad to have a job I love to provide for my family.

... sigh...
I'd tell you I was grateful for laundry...
but,
lightening would probably strike me dead!

Ha!
Oh, well...
Whoever said that we must be happy with everything in life in order to be at peace,
was certainly feeding us all a load of baloney
... and not the yummy kind fried into a sandwich!

May you be blessed this lovely evening...
...escape the work that isn't really necessary
and do what you must.

May the sights of the season warm your heart
and soul and may you have peace in your heart.

I'd wish your laundry pile would magically wash and fold itself too,
but...
I've misplaced my magic wand.
=-)

No comments: