Monday, April 20, 2009

Wonderment


Today,
I treated my students to an amazing experience.
Our Painted Lady butterflies had hatched over the weekend
and were fluttering about when we arrived at school.
I put my finger into their habitat and took one out.
Quietly we passed the new beauty from fingertip to fingertip.
It was a magical experience for my Kindergarten kids
and one I would have never known to be possible,
if not for my dear friend Bev.
The first time I saw her do it,
I gasped and sat as spellbound as the children in the class.
For some reason, "baby" butterflies do not know to be afraid
for the first hours after they are born.
If you are gentle and quiet,
they really will allow you to handle them.
The sighs and exclamations from the kiddos in my care,
were music to my ears....
To watch the awe on their faces was a
blessing....
a gift...
I pray that you are privileged to see the world through the eyes of a child.
Simple moments made more special because of their innocence.
May tomorrow bring you the kind of happiness I saw radiate from their faces.
May you be blessed.
This night,
Tomorrow,
forever!

No comments: