Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sunrise or Sunset?




Looking at my photo,

can you tell if this is a sunset or a sunrise?


As I sit here,

clothes ironed,

lunches about to be packed,

I am pondering my day.



I am thinking about how a sunset often is seen as an end,

while a sunrise is considered a new beginning.


Yet,

just from my photo,

could you guess what time of day it was?


Maybe there is some way to tell that I don't know about.


It makes me think though.

Maybe endings and beginnings look a lot alike for a reason.


It is hard to know what the future holds. What will develop down life's paths.


I am trying to keep my eyes on the One who always loves us.

Yup,

I do mean God.

I am the last person to claim to be extra holy or even have every detail of my faith ironed out,

so please know I am not trying to "preach" at you.

It seems to me though,

that I need to focus on what I know to be true,

instead of the emotions that are created by life's situations.


Life is made up of both sunsets and sunrises.

And I'm betting that only the one who makes them happen can tell which is which all of the time.


Truth however is always the same.

We are loved.

We are blessed.

The companion on our journey is willing to hold our hand.


If we'll let him.


May your day be beautiful and may you never feel alone.

You are loved.

You are blessed.

May you know it in your heart.

No comments: