Monday, April 20, 2009

Walking the path


Walking the path before us can be unsettling.
I am a creature of habit, of routine.
I love the familar traditions that make up day to day existance.
In times of great turmoil,
it sometimes seems,
as if it is,
at least metaphorically,
very dark.
The unknown path is scary.
The familar road a distant memory.
It seems sometimes as if I am all alone.
Perhaps you have felt this way as well.
I know in my heart, that I am not.
That I have family and friends who love me.
Yet,
for the first time,
it really is just me standing out in the world.
Discovering its beauty
and quivering a little in the dark.
I smile when I imagine that this is how most people feel from time to time,
when their lives are at a beginning point of some kind.
It just has been an awfully long time since I've felt this way.
So, when it's dark on the path and I'm scared.
I look for a light.
May you,
may I,
find what we are looking for...
May we remember the One who is the Light
and cling to him...
instead of quivering quite so much.
Peace to you this evening and always.
May you be blessed.

No comments: