Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yikes! Ticks!


After a very successful Girl's Night with my oldest kiddo,
we headed upstairs to chat.
Our dog of course came with us and as we sat on my bed,
we petted and fussed over him.
Suddenly,
I felt something not right in his undercoat
and looked down to find a tick.
I felt terrible as I had six months of K9 Advantix sitting unopened in my closet. It's been so cold lately that I hadn't even thought about icky insects and other nasty creatures.
My dear one ran for the tweezers and we made the dog nervous with our unhappy and slightly panicked noises.
We removed one tick and applied the medicine. By tomorrow night, Ben's blood and body should repel and kill nasty ticks, mosquitoes and fleas.
If you have a dear one that is furry and four footed, don't forget their meds. Especially, if you are like my family and love to take your "baby" to the park.
May your life be filled with companionship, be it human, furry or both! May your life be made better because of the love you share.
May you be blessed...
This evening,
tomorrow,
forever!

No comments: