Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Have I mentioned lately that I love my parents?




With coffee and dessert in hand,

my father came on a mission of mercy last night.


We talked over life,

situations that were problematic and not remotely amusing.


In the end,

two heads were better than one.


Even the problems we couldn't "fix" weren't quite so heavy.


Before he left,

my father said a blessing.


Though I offer one everyday as I blog,

I must admit it felt wonderful,

if a little odd,

to have one offered for myself and my family.


Tonight and always,

I hope that you find yourself surrounded by those who love you.

That no matter what you face,

there is a hand outstretched toward yours.


And,

if it's helpful to you,

May it contain coffee and a yummy treat along with love!


May you feel the love of God in your life,

May you know that you are loved,

May you be blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that you are going through a bit of a rocky patch. This too shall pass. It is so nice that your father was able to come over and give you support and blessings. I have always lived my life by the serenity poem "God give my the courage to accept the things I can not change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." I mostly have learned "to accept".

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
I really love that poem. I too try to live by it. Sometimes letting God have the things I can't change is challenging, as I honestly like concrete answers on my time schedule. It has been a little rocky this past year or two, even so, life is beautiful. I know I am not the only one who has issues from time to time. I am sincerely glad to have such a wonderful family and circle of friends. I am certainly blessed. Thank you for your kindness.
Susan
=-)