Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wandering the Woods


This afternoon,
some of my favorite people and I wandered Antrim Park.
The sky was blue and
the park was full
of children,
puppies
and the families that love them.
My crew however,
was not out for a simple stroll.
We were looking for two hidden letterboxes.
We found the first box without a hitch,
thanks to the quick mind of my dearest friend
who deciphered the clue about where to leave the path.
The second box....
proved elusive.
Despite multiple interpretations of the clue
and an hour wandering the path where it should have been located,
we simply couldn't find it.
I'll have to check the website,
and send an email to the box "placer"
and see if they can offer any clarification.
If it's still there,
we'll have to go back another day.
On the way home,
we stopped to pick up ice cream for sundaes .
We had our treat and spent the rest of the afternoon "vegging out".
Tomorrow it is back to business for me.
My spring break is over.
I made the most of every moment I was given.
I think you'll agree...
On my break I...
  • Got a car
  • went out to eat with a new friend
  • helped my oldest play hooky so we could go to Chestnutt Ridge Metro Park
  • went to Dawes Arboretum by mistake and had a wonderful hike
  • dug plants and pavers out of my old gardens
  • lugged and moved, plants, dirt and pavers
  • built three gardens
  • moved a swing set
  • watched television with my kiddos
  • went on a night hike at my beloved Clear Creek
  • made cookies
  • ate cookies
  • shared cookies with my new neighbor (she's nice)
  • had a nap
  • smiled
  • laughed
  • cried
  • found a letter box
  • couldn't find one
  • had a picnic in the park
  • played with my dog
  • talked with friends
  • did laundry
  • blogged
I must confess that I am exhausted.
Satisfied...
but very,
very tired.
I think I need to go back to school so I can rest.
Ha!
How funny is that?
I pray that your week is full of lovely things.
Whether you are at work,
on vacation
or
at home taking care of those you love.
May you find happiness in the opportunities that are open to you.
Joy in the simple things.
... and maybe...
just maybe...
a walk in a park,
some ice cream
and time with those you love.
May you be blessed.
Today,
Tomorrow,
Always

4 comments:

Walker Zed said...

Wow! I feel exhausted just reading your list! And I also feel blessed to count you among my friends.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Walker,
I am exhausted too... really really tired... But, I am really proud of everything I got done. Take care,
Susan

Anne said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your break. Now it is my turn for a spring break. Who knows what the days will bring!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Choices,
I hope your spring break is wonderful!
Susan