Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Joy of Slippers


Soft and warm...
Cozy and satisfying...
A happy indulgence...
Slippers are such a treat.
One of my little students brought me these
along with a soft robe for Christmas.
I love to take my shoes off when I come home
and slip into the wonderful bliss they provide.
It's like walking on clouds.
Isn't it delightful that the simple habits we have can be so relaxing?
What is it that makes the end of your day better?
Tonight,
make time,
find your "slippers"
... that cup of coffee....
your favorite book...
a conversation with someone you love...
Allow yourself a moment or two to recharge...
to gain what you need to keep going.
Sometimes the walk of life,
even on beautiful days,
makes us tired.
May you be blessed.
Today,
Tomorrow,
Forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have such warm cosy posts that leave a person feeling gooood.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
Thank you. I feel the same when ever I stop by your site. Anyone reading this comment should click on Doreen's name in her comment and go check out her blog... it is wonderful. A truly happy place to visit.
Susan