Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sledding


Yup!
I'm not kidding.
My oldest and I took our plastic toboggans to the sledding hill today and gave the manufacturers suggested alternative use a try.
My youngest daughter stood at the foot of the hill and wisely refused to give the well worn, slightly rocky hill a try.
She thought we were crazy.
However,
despite my dear one's skepticism as to our adventure,
we discovered that it is indeed possible to sled without snow!
It works!
Sleds do go down grass!
However,
there is a down side,
When it is eighty three degrees,
and you are in shorts and a sleeveless top,
there is a great deal of skin exposed.
This is not good if you slip off your slide.
We escaped without any serious abrasions
and vowed to try again in the fall when we were dressed in jeans and long sleeves.
It was really fun, despite the slight danger.
I laughed all evening every time I thought of it.
What a rush.
It's been a long time since I've flown down a hill so fast.
I hope your day was filled with lovely adventures and your evening has been pleasant.
May you be blessed.
This day and forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh to be young again. Those are the things I loved to do with my kids. I would try anything and what fun we had. I was the one who had to talk the kids into going on the roller coaster - I was always the daredevil. But I sure cant do it now. I have aquired a dizziness when I go high or fast - I guess its just old age.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
I like you. :-) You are always so kind and positive.

I know you'll agree that being with children is a blessing. We are allowed to do silly things we likely would never do on our own. I am sure your own children have such happy memories of the crazy things you did together.

Every parent brings special gifts to their children. It is nice to think of how our passions are passed through the generations. My hardtack candy from my grandma... your minitures passed to your daughter... what blessings.
Susan