Thursday, April 9, 2009

Temptation

Fully a month before I am technically advised to do so,
I am about to go out and plant flower seeds.
It doesn't matter that it might frost.
I truly understand it might happen.
I just don't care.
I have enough seeds...
plenty of determination...
and a terrible itch to play in the dirt.
I'll plant some sunflowers every few days until I am satisfied.
One year the squirrels "won" and I only had seven.
Most years,
I get the upper hand.
I usually end up with twenty or thirty
sunny ambassadors of happiness.
The key in my mind,
and my philosophy about most everything in life...
Never give up!
If you put enough out there,
eventually some will grow!
Go ahead...
chuckle...
I know it's kinda nuts.
But,
hey...
It works!
I wish for you,
something to bring satisfaction and joy your way...
Whatever it may be...
I pray that peace and happiness will fill your heart.
May you be blessed this day,
tomorrow
and
always.

4 comments:

Anne said...

That is a good motto- Never give up!

Martha said...

It keeps freezing where I live so I haven't been planting. I purchase a lot of my flower seeds from http://www.wildseedfarms.com/
You get good service and this will be my second season. You have the choice of ordering by the packet, ounce, 1/4 lb or by the pound. They tell you about the square footage of each. I love cosmos and you'd be surprised how many
seeds are in an ounce for $6.75.

I researched hollyhock seeds on the internet with the free tool found at www.startyourclicking.com. By using the compare button I even easily saw the photos of the hollyhocks that were being offered on the internet.

The trouble I have with planting is that when they talk about hard freeze I don't know what plants to cover. The plants that are already coming up do you cover them? The voluntary bachlor buttons that are coming up from last year I didn't cover. They seemed to do okay.

After I plant, I then wait to pick the flowers so then I can photograph them.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I am not supposed to plant until the 24th of May but I am going to try to plant some earlier than that. Our snow is "almost" all gone. Just piles in the shady areas. I can't wait!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thanks everyone! I knew I wasn't the only one excited about the spring. :-)