Friday, April 10, 2009

Gardening bliss...


Some of you may have heard of my love for fruiting plants before.
...Though the trees couldn't come with me when I moved,
the blackberry bushes surely did.
Tucked into the corner at the end of the flowers,
I grin when I look at them.
Green...
Four foot high...
and
guaranteed to scratch anyone walking past!
I dream of jelly and jam...
Of adding more plants over the years.
I freely admit,
I'm a daydreamer.
Late this afternoon,
as I shopped for groceries at Aldi's...
I walked past their general merchandise.
Always interesting to consider...
outdoor things....
gourmet candy...
you can never tell
just exactly what they may have...
One thing for certain...
in the spring...
the summer...
the early fall...
You'll find plants, seeds, bulbs...
I know this...
I love this...
So I wasn't surprised by the lovely display...
Just delighted
I stopped as I walked past...
I looked in reverent silence...
I sighed..
just a little..
I didn't really need anything they were offering.
But staring at the display,
a happy childhood memory of picking grapes
from a chain link fence
splashed to the surface of my mind.
warm sun...
bare feet...
laughing...
eating...
family
fun
life
With a swift and silent motion,
I placed a box under my cart.
Planting...
teaching...
raising children...
One moment at a time...
shaping the future.
Patience
persistence
perseverance
Life...
What a blessing...
What a gift.
May you find joy in the walk before you,
May the small actions
in your power
to make the world better...
bring you
joy...
peace...
happiness..
May you be blessed.

No comments: